EMC has launched Unity, a new range of storage systems that simplify and modernize the data center. Unity is the latest addition to EMC’s all-flash portfolio offering highly affordable NAS and SAN storage for mid-range enterprise IT departments. Unity joins EMC’s portfolio of all-flash primary storage arrays – XtremIO, VMAX All Flash, and DSSD D5 – so that whatever a customer needs, EMC has a solution specially designed to fit virtually any use in the datacenter.
Simple by design
EMC Unity offers proactive cloud-like monitoring and management through a modern, task-oriented HTML5 interface, leading the user through day-to-day operations and integrating with the VMware and Microsoft ecosystems to provide easy management for third parties. It features new Proactive Assist capabilities designed to give IT automated control, visibility, and Unity storage systems management. Who can also view Unity service data within EMC MyService360, a new online service that provides customers with real-time visibility into their EMC cloud environment’s health? MyService360 offers IT department code-level analysis of EMC products, connectivity status, capacity alerts, service activity by site, and much more.
With 3x the performance of previous-generation EMC VNX arrays, EMC Unity can deliver up to 300K IOPS. EMC Unity is specifically designed to provide value to customers with predictable enterprise-class, the all-flash performance that includes:
- True dual-active controller architecture
- Files, blocks, and VVols support
- Instant copies (snapshots) and remote sync / async replication
- Native and controller-based encryption
- New scalable file system for transactional and traditional use cases
- VMware VASA 2.0, VAAI, VVols, VMware-Aware Integration
- Microsoft REST-API for DevOps and Automation Use Cases
- Copy Data Management integrated with EMC CDM
- No garbage collection impact on SSD disk.
EMC Unity, all-flash storage, offers proactive cloud-like monitoring and management through a modern, task-oriented HTML5 interface
Because every business has its own storage needs, Unity has been designed to offer greater flexibility and more deployment options than competing data storage solutions. With the ability to scale up to 3 petabytes (PB) and up to 300K IOPS, EMC Unity is the first data storage solution on the market for mid-size IT departments to be available in the following unified configurations:
- Purpose-built: Unity is an all-flash array designed from the ground up for the flash data center. Also, Who can deploy Unity in a hybrid configuration to meet the individual needs of each business.
- Software-Defined: UnityVSA offers the advanced file and blocks storage and data management features of Unity to be easily deployed as a virtual appliance.
- Converged: VCE Vblock and VxBlock System 350 configurations are now available.
Designed for all-flash, Unity offers the most affordable flash solutions on the market, starting at less than $ 18,000. And much more shortly with the inclusion of inline compression services that will help lower the price of the dollar / Gb even more effectively. Unity is also more affordable for customers deploying hybrid arrays, priced under $ 10,000. The agreement provides a fantastic density of unified storage, with up to 80 TB of flash storage in a 2U collection.
EMC believes that data protection should be an integral part of any data storage environment’s design and deployment. Unity offers tight integration with EMC Data Domain and EMC Data Protection Suite, so workloads are perfectly protected.
Unity’s All-flash options are also selectable in the EMC Xpect More program, offering lifetime price protection, the guarantee of flash drive support for the machine’s entire life, and a money-back guarantee. Three years.
EMC Unity storage systems are available now. All-flash configurations are available for less than $ 18,000. Hybrid array configurations are available for less than $ 10,000.