Things to do in Anchorage, Alaska on New Year’s 2021 Eve
I was trying to make my way to Seward, Alaska, but had a problem with icy roads, and couldn’t find chains to fit my tires, so after a few hours I finally gave up on the trek and stopped in a hotel in Anchorage. They started the fireworks at 5 or 6pm (because of the whole darkness thing), and various shows went on all night, which was pretty cool. Happy New Year’s Eve 2021!
It is very easy to do just copy the status or image for a happy new year 2021 and paste where you want to wish blessings.
NEW YEAR’S EVE IN ANCHORAGE
Ring in New Year’s in Anchorage. From fireworks extravaganzas to intimate dinners, Anchorage, Alaska, is the place to be to welcome 2021.
New Year’s Events in Anchorage
After sunset, celebrate with New Year’s Eve festivities. The fun starts at 5 p.m. with a dance party and culminates in a kid-friendly fireworks spectacular that lights up the night at 8 p.m. You’ll find musical acts, food, drink and entertainment to fill the space off Third Avenue. It’s the perfect vantage point for fireworks.
You could also offset any evening indulgences by starting with the Northern Lights Resolution Run, a 5K with special light displays and music along the course.
The grownups can party through the first hours of 2021 at a number of locations. The Hotel Captain Cook hosts a New Year’s Eve bash, and many nearby bars, restaurants and other venues host parties all their own, including 49th State, Williwaw, and Hard Rock.
New Year’s Eve in Girdwood
For a downhill countdown, head to Girdwood for the Torchlight Parade at Alyeska Resort. Local skiers and snowboarders descend the mountain with torches in hand, creating a parade of lights from top to bottom. The Torchlight Parade takes over the mountain at 9 p.m., and fireworks cap the festivities. Stake out a spot near the resort’s day lodge for the best view of both the procession and the fireworks. You can also ring in the New Year at the nearby Sitzmark with Hope Social Club.
New Year’s Eve Dinners
With fireworks and live entertainment, New Year’s Eve is always a feast for the eyes and ears, but many Anchorage restaurants also host specialty dinners with decadent flavors and plenty of bubbly as well. Restaurants such as Kinley’s, Crush Wine Bistro and Sullivan’s Steakhouse in Anchorage and Seven Glaciers in Girdwood are featuring special dinners for revelers.
Anchorage celebrates like none other on New Year’s Eve, so resolve to spend the holiday in Alaska!
Best New Year’s Eve Events for Families in Alaska!
As the old year winds down, people across the world get ready to ring in a new one. Folks in Alaska are no exception. From torchlight parades and fireworks to a train ride into the northern lights, you’re sure to find something that will keep you up past midnight in the Land of the Midnight Sun. These are our favorite ways to spend the first night of the new year in Alaska.
1. Alyeska Resort Torchlight Parade and Fireworks, Girdwood, AK
Every year, Alyeska Resort, Alaska’s premier ski destination, welcomes the public to its New Year’s Eve torchlight parade. Volunteer skiers schuss down the slope with torches, creating a stunning visual experience for onlookers. The parade is followed by a gorgeous, mountain-backed firework display.
2. KTVA New Year’s Eve Celebration, Anchorage, AK
If you want to see New Year’s Eve fireworks in Anchorage, your best bet is the Anchorage Downtown Partnership’s KTVA New Year’s Eve Celebration. The family-friendly annual event takes place in town square and features live music, contests, street performers, food trucks, and of course, big booming sparklers in the sky.
3. New Year’s Eve Luminary Ski, Seward, AK
Every New Year’s Eve, the Seward Nordic Ski Club hosts a free, community cross-country ski event on the Divide Ski Trails. The trails are lit by candlelight and folks are welcome to ski, snowshoe, or even walk the trails and then celebrate the new year around a campfire with hot cider or cocoa. Don’t forget a headlamp.
4. New Year’s Sparktacular, Fairbanks, AK
Folks in the Interior celebrate New Year’s Eve with a bang at the annual Sparktacular celebration. Every Dec. 31, people gather below the West Ridge at the University of Alaska, Fairbanks and welcome the new year with ooohs, aaaahs, cookies, and cocoa. The latter of which are served, mercifully, indoors.
5. Northern Lights Resolution Run & Party, Anchorage, AK
When the last day of the year rolls around in Anchorage, Skinny Raven thinks you should spend a portion of it running. The Northern Lights Resolution Run is a 5K that traverses the trails of the Alaska Pacific University campus. Music and dancing will happen before, during, and after the run, so that you can warm up beforehand and celebrate afterward.
6. New Year’s Eve Block Party, Juneau, AK
The Hangar on the Wharf celebrates every New Year’s Eve with a block party for the folks of Juneau. The event takes place throughout the entire Historic Merchants Wharf and features live music, food, beverages, and revelry. Families are welcome until 9:30 p.m., after which the young ‘uns need to go to bed so the grown-ups can celebrate the turn of the year.
7. Annual New Year’s Eve 3-mile Run, Fairbanks, AK
Every year, Running Club North sponsors the year’s last road race, described as “three miles in the dark.” It starts from The Diner on Illinois St. in Fairbanks at 11:30 p.m. and runners basically run in the new year. It will probably also be pretty cold, so you’ll want to layer up and be prepared for the weather.
8. Alaska Railroad to the Northern Lights, Anchorage, AK
Whenever New Year’s Eve corresponds with the northbound schedule for Alaska Railroad’s Aurora Winter Train, folks hop the train for a northern lights-filled New Year Eve excursion from Anchorage to Fairbanks. The train arrives in Fairbanks just in time for the annual New Year’s Eve fireworks display and returns to Anchorage the next day.
Information source is anchorage.net
- Wish You Happy New Year 2021 Wishes Images for Facebook & Whatsapp DP
- Happy New Year Wishes 2021 For Friends and Family – Top Collection
- Advance Merry Christmas Wishes 2020
- Happy New Year 2021 Wishes For Friends, Family & Lover In Different Languages
- Happy new year 2021 wishes and messages for Sister 2021
- Happy New Year Wallpaper Collection 2021
- Funny Christmas Quotes And Sayings Of All Time
- Happy New Year Messages 2021
- Top 10 Happy New Year Quotes 2021
- Happy New Year 2021 Status Download For WhatsApp, Facebook (FB), Instagram
- Happy New Year 2021 Shayari (Naya Saal Ki Shayari)
- Free Download Happy New Year Images Christian 2021
- Happy New Year 2021 Images, Photos, Pictures
- Happy New Year 2021 Messages Download For WhatsApp, Facebook (FB), Instagram
- Happy New Year 2021 Status for WhatsApp, FB, Best Friend, BF, Girl Friend, Family, Lover, Brother & etc
- Things to do in Anchorage, Alaska on New Year’s 2021 Eve
- NEW YEAR’S EVE IN ANCHORAGE
- New Year’s Events in Anchorage
- New Year’s Eve in Girdwood
- New Year’s Eve Dinners
- Best New Year’s Eve Events for Families in Alaska!
- 1. Alyeska Resort Torchlight Parade and Fireworks, Girdwood, AK
- 2. KTVA New Year’s Eve Celebration, Anchorage, AK
- 3. New Year’s Eve Luminary Ski, Seward, AK
- 4. New Year’s Sparktacular, Fairbanks, AK
- 5. Northern Lights Resolution Run & Party, Anchorage, AK
- 6. New Year’s Eve Block Party, Juneau, AK
- 7. Annual New Year’s Eve 3-mile Run, Fairbanks, AK
- 8. Alaska Railroad to the Northern Lights, Anchorage, AK
- Share this:
- Like this: